Acne is a royal pain in the butt. And we’ve all been there. We wake up on morning and scream because we’re growing an extra head. And then you realise that it’s a spot. And it’s your school photo day. CAN IT GET ANY WORSE? Nope. So I’m going to help a sister (or brother) out! We all want to look good when our friend takes a surprise snapchat of us, right?
- MOISTURIZE! – I can’t stress how important it is to moisturize! It rehydrates your face. My personal favourite moisturizer at the minute is the Neutrogena Oil Free Visibly Clear Moisturizer. It not only moisturizes but also evens out skin tone. I have been using it for quite a while. Make moisturizing is a part of your morning and evening routine.
- CLEAN OFF ALL THAT MAKEUP BEFORE YOU SNOOZE – I get it. You’ve had a long day and it seems like a lot of effort to go and wash your face. When I’m in this situation I simply just use facial wipes. As long as the makeup comes off you’ll be good. Not only will it give you spots the next day if you don’t, it will also transfer onto the pillow along with the excess oils from your face, which leads me to my next tip:
- CHANGE YOUR PILLOW CASE EVERY WEEK OR EVERY TWO WEEKS – The buildup of all of the oils on your face is a playground for bacteria and can really do some damage. You (if you’re lucky) will be in bed for upwards of six hours and in that time a lot of bacteria can build on your face, causing acne.
- DON’T POP YOUR SPOTS, USE TREATMENT INSTEAD – I can’t be more clear when I say that it is SO IMPORTANT to not pop that spot! It may annoy you now, but it’s only temporary. However, if it scars then that is permanent. Also, the bacteria and the puss in the spot will spread around the area of the spot, leading to more spots. Often spots are caused by oil blocking your pores, and you don’t want the additional gunk to give you more blockage.
- WASH THOSE DAMN MAKEUP BRUSHES – It’s a chore, I know. But all of the old oils and bacteria won’t help you at all. Then you need to use more concealer or foundation which clogs your pores even more.
- BLOT YOUR FACE AFTER EXERCISING – Sweat, like oil will clog your pores and give you spots, so if you blot it and get rid of the excess oils you should be grand!
That’s all I have for now, there will be a part 2, so fear not!
Love, Little Darling Daydreamer xoxo